Independence Village of Petoskey
As a Shuttle Driver, you will provide transportation services for the senior residents in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner. You will take on a rewarding position with an innovative company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility. Oh, and we offer an excellent work environment, if we do say so ourselves. And we do.
Required Experience for Shuttle Driver:
- 3 years driving a shuttle, bus, or similar vehicle.
- Current CDL class B license with a P endorsement; must have a clean driving record.
- Compassionate & Care for seniors. The ideal candidate will enjoy helping and working with the senior population.
- Ability to be timely, patient, and accommodating; ability to maintain a bus schedule and is familiar with the local area.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- You love to laugh and have fun while working hard to provide ridiculous service.
- You pretty much rock and we’d be silly not to hire you.
Primary Responsibilities for Shuttle Driver:
- Assist residents getting on and off the bus, utilizing the appropriate and safest mode for assistance. This may include using a lift, ambulation and or physical transfer.
- Completes bus trip log and turn in to supervisor; Completes required route in a safe and efficient manner; Ability to organize and coordinate their route and route priorities to maintain the most efficient and productive process.
- Maintains the interior and exterior of the bus in a cleaned and cared for state;
- Fills out daily inspection log at the beginning of each trip and turns in form when completed.
- As a Shuttle Driver, you must maintain a positive attitude which supports team performance and productivity
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.