As a Caregiver/Resident Aide you are responsible for providing caring and personalized assistance for residents in a senior living community.
Required Experience for Nursing Assistant:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous Healthcare, Geriatrics or experience working with the elderly population preferred.
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) or Medical Assistant (MA) Certification preferred.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Primary Responsibilities for Nursing Assistant:
- Completion of daily/weekly tasks as assigned by the wellness coordinator as well as assisting others routinely with their assignments if needed.
- Will provide compassionate and competent care for residents by performing the following services:
- Bathing, showering and grooming assistance
- Serves and collects food trays; assist residents with dining
- Provides wheelchair and walking escorts
- Provides toileting and incontinence care assistance
- Provides meal, activity, and medication reminder assistance
- Provides wake up and turn down service
- Performs upkeep of resident rooms
- Answers resident call signals
- Other related duties as assigned
- Provide assistance de-escalating behaviors
- Participate in Life Enrichment activities
- Completes and documents appropriate records, including pertinent information entered into log book.
- Works scheduled shift but also provides flexibility and is open to helping other Nursing Assistants shifts if needed.
- Maintains knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures.
- Is knowledgeable of and abides by all company policies and procedures.
- Communicates with the Wellness Coordinator involving any concerns regarding resident care, treatment, or changes in behavior.
- Coordinates with the Wellness Coordinator and/or Lead Nursing Assistant, resident’s family or 911 when there is an emergency regarding a resident’s condition, medication or treatment.
- Attends SHCS staff meetings, in-service programs, safety courses, and other required meetings.
- Stays up to date and knowledgeable of all departmental communication.
- Completes all required staff training.
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.