Regional Culinary Services Trainer
Position Summary: The Regional Culinary Services Trainer is responsible for creating, developing and implementing front of the house training for all of our communities that will develop the skills of all front of the house employees. The scope of training will include figuring out what are the needs of our dining rooms, working hand and hand with our Regional Executive Chefs to hand out new training, giving hands on, classroom setting training at the communities, giving the community Executive Chefs the tools and pieces to continually train their staff and also following up with each community with training that was put out. The Regional Culinary Services Trainer will also be responsible for training new staff at our newly developed communities, dedicating two weeks to train the staff and organize the kitchen all before the first residents move in. Required to travel to various communities spanning over Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.
Required Experience for Regional Culinary Services Trainer:
- Minimal 2 year associates degree or 4 years or more of industry experience
- Must demonstrate proven leadership abilities, commitment to customer service, and strong organization and time management skills.
- Must have experience and knowledge of all Microsoft Office application
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Presentation skills and presenting information orally so that the information given is achieved.
- Coaching skills and helping individuals or a group to understand their needs, value, alternative to problems and goals.
- Being able to have feedback through conversation with various leaders and employees throughout the company.
Primary Responsibilities for Regional Culinary Service Trainer:
- Determining needs for the communities as a whole. Creating materials that are universal for all
- Working closely with property level leaders to ensure training is being put out
- Collaborating with Regional Executive Chefs on material created, ensuring it meets standard and setting set schedules on training
- Traveling to all communities throughout the year, more than once, to get updates and check on staff and also having onsite training. Also to hold regular calls and check-ups
- Performing an in person front of the house quality assurance audit at all communities quarterly, ensuring all communities maintain 95% compliance
- Owner of all on-site training and on-boarding for all front of the house employees that are hired for new communities. 2 week on-site commitment. One week prior to residents moving in and the first week of resident move-ins.
- Training new Restaurant Managers on the POS, scheduling, interviewing and hiring,interviewing and hiring
- Setting up live, mock serving scenarios
- Ensuring all dining rooms, service stations and all china are set up and put away before the new employee orientation
- Complete pre-planning, set-up and opening for business of the community store.
- Study service industry trends to incorporate with materials created
- Being the point person for community level leaders on any questions or concerns with training
- Pre-planning and set-up of opening cash banks and drawers
- Complete training on cash handling procedures
- Organize service staff for new employee orientations Leading on-site set-up and break down.
- Owning all front of the house operations for grand opening events. Utilizing front of the house standard operating procedure for set-up and break down.
- Always looking for new and improved approaches to training. Periodically assessing what has been put out
- Ensure hiring process for front of the house staff is keeping up with company standards
- Understanding what our pillars and 1440 means
- Meeting with your Corporate Executive Chef every month, during performance reviews, on what has been accomplished and what is still being worked on in the past month
- Provide material for Executive Chefs for new Restaurant Managers and Dining Room Leads
- Communicating effectively with other members of the home office leadership team
- Help Executive Chefs with interviewing and hiring of Restaurant Managers for StoryPoint communities
- Help Executive Chefs with interviewing and hiring of Dining Room Leads for our Independence Village communities if needed