Line Cook (Full-Time + Benefits)
Independence Village of Plymouth
Position Summary for a Cook:
As a Cook, you will prepare and cook large quantities of food according to menus, recipes and planned residents or guests. You will take on a rewarding position with an innovative company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility. Oh, and we offer an excellent work environment, if we do say so ourselves. And we do.
**This position is full-time with benefits**
Required Experience for a Cook:
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 1-2 years of line cook experience and/or training
- Baking skills are preferred
- Good communication skills are required
Primary Responsibilities of a Cook:
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests and employees.
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard recipes.
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing instructions.
- Assist other kitchen staff as needed. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicates with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensures freshness, cooking status and proper seasoning of all foods served.
- Stocks and cleans station for next shift.
- Follows proper food rotation policies.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude which supports a team environment.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
- Each Line Cook must have knowledge of the resident rights, and ensures an atmosphere which allows for privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management and security.
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present professional appearance by wearing uniform and name tag.
- Maintain a positive attitude which supports team performance and productivity.